Phone 111 for urgent medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation

If feeling emotionally or physically unwell your GP is there to help.

Support with a long term health condition:

Have you got a health condition, or are at risk of one, and need to get more active? Ask your GP or another professional to refer you to PALS (Practice Activity and Leisure Scheme).  

You can get free advice and discounted activity classes. 

PALS office T: 01484 234 095


Auntie Pam’s

Support, guidance and sign-posting for mums to be.

T: 01924 438316
T: 01484 414775


Gateway to Care

Advice for older people, unpaid carers & people with physical, sensory or learning difficulties.

T: 01484 414933



Substance misuse and alcohol support and treatment service. Referral required from GP

T: 01484 437907
T: 01924 438383


The Base

Drug and alcohol service for young people and young adults in Kirklees (up to the age of 21). Provides free, friendly and confidential support on drugs, NPS (previously known as 'legal highs') and/or alcohol issues. The service also offers provision for parents, carers and professionals.

T: 01484 541589
T: 01924 324557


Stopping Smoking

If you want to stop smoking there are a series of on-line resources to help you quit or cut down. You can also contact your GP or pharmacist for support to stop. Remember, it's important to minimise the harm of smoking by using e-cigarettes, eating a healthy diet and keeping physically active.



Free support for people dealing with bereavement.

T: 0808 808 1677


My Health Tools

Online tools, tips and help to manage long term conditions.